May 24-25, 2018
The Diversity Research Institute provides state-of-the-art research and practice frameworks to assess campus diversity and its impact on student outcomes. Participants will use problem solving skills to understand how assessment can be used to improve diverse learning environments.
Venue: UCLA, 3340 Moore Hall (Day 1), 3027 Moore Hall (Day 2)
Lodging: A limited number of rooms at a special conference rate of $195/night are available at the Hotel Angeleno. Reservations can be made by calling 310-476-6411. Please reference “UCLA-HERI Summer Institute.” * Please note that the special group rate at Hotel Angeleno ends on Monday, May 7th.
For more information on hotel logistics, please click here.
You will learn about:
- The latest diversity research
- The importance of campus climate
- The impact of diversity on student outcomes
- Evidence on the educational benefits of diversity
Who should attend:
- Diversity Affairs Officers
- Student and Academic Affairs Administrators
- Multicultural Center Directors/Staff
- Campus Teams Focused on Undergraduate Initiatives
“I left the HERI institute feeling inspired and reinvigorated not only because of the new knowledge I obtained but also because of the amazing conversations I was able to have with other higher educational professionals in regards to their work in this field. Learning about their battles and accomplishments took my passion and commitment for diversity and inclusion research in higher education to another level and I am forever changed because of it.” –Kathy Martinez, Framingham State University